Wednesday 5 June 2013

Toys!

So although we've got enough baby stuff for lil O plus two more if they decided to pop out (sometimes i wonder with how big I've got!) I realised we didn't really have any baby toys for him! Babies are pretty easily amused, shapes, faces, colours anything hanging within view will do the trick so I thought id see what I could come up with. Back to pinterest!!!

Personalised baby blocks!! These are real easy and you can have so much fun with different fabrics and filling each one with something new for baby to discover! Great for using up scrap fabric as you can make them whatever size you like and have as many different fabrics as you like! There are loads of tutorials but I used this youtube video.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2LTzG_eQro
Will definitely be whipping up some of these for baby shower gifts when my friends start popping them out!


Here are a few others I tried, a little black and white pram book (babies love black and white images apparently!) These I made out of felt and just made patterns and put some crinkly stuff in the middle. They aren't that neat but I'm sure that won't make a difference to lil man!
I love ring stackers, but the plastic ones don't impress me so I thought id make my own.
I couldn't find a free pattern so I bought this one
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62803900/ring-stacker-soft-toy-immediate-download?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=ring+stacker&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_search_type=all another great one for baby shower gifts or even birthday / christmas presents!

I LOVE campervans, so unfortunately Lil O has no choice but to love them too! I'm proud of these cos I made them all on my own! For the purple one I took the idea of the blocks, made each side resemble a camper then added the pom poms for wheels after. Theres quite a lot of detail gone into this one which is hard to see in the picture but I wanted it to look as real as possible. The number plate has his name on and I used buttons for the lights. I wasn't sure about the whole buttons on a baby toy but i thought it would be good for texture so I sewed them on REALLY well with embroidery thread and even I can't rip them off! The surf board can be removed as it is peppered on.
The green one is a taggie blanket type thing with crinkly stuff inside made to the same design.

This one isn't really a toy, but I can think of loads of great uses for them. I only made a little one as a trial before I cut up loads of material but even this took a while so haven't got round to a bigger one yet. Its meant to be a 'bubble quilt' but I want to make a few more of the same size in different colours and use them to pad the wall in his little play corner. Could also be used as a play mat, cot bumper or as this one currently is, a sofa cushion!


Thats all I got time for now, I'm off to the range to pick up supplies for my next project! Exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment