Tuesday 18 June 2013

Upcycled T shirts

My parents recently had a massive clear out from which I gained about 4 bin liners full of old t shirts (my dads a bit of a hoarder!) My sister has been helping to add to the collection, as well as my other half and as much as I've been trying to make a dent in my collection, it just seems to grow!

In an earlier post I posted a picture of a baby vest I made for my sisters work mate out of one of their work t shirts, the tutorial is fantastic http://www.youcanmakethis.com/products/featured-products/onesie-pattern.htm and although I usually manage to sniff out a free pattern for most things, for $6.50 this tutorial was definitely worth the money.


So here is a few of the before and after shots.





Using a t shirt to makes these makes life a bit easier as you can use the seams that are already there which makes a nicer finish. T shirt material also doesn't fray which makes it a lot easier to work with.

I had a few shirts which wouldn't really work as vests so I made some shorts instead! (Just in case we actually get any nice weather this summer!!!)




                                         
The pockets were even the perfect size! I was aiming for 0-3 months size but I always seem to make things bigger if not using a pattern, its hard to get measurements right without a little mannequin to get measurements from!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment