Thursday 4 July 2013

Shadow box

So lil Oz is now 10 days old! Time is flying, the birth already seems like a distant memory and being a mummy now seems the norm. But I still look at that beautiful little face and can't believe he is mine, he is the result from all that time I spent with a big bump and giant swollen feet, and worth every second of it. I am totally and utterly in love.
Anyway back to the shadow box. This is my first post-baby craft and i'm glad I pulled my finger out and got on with it, these things aren't as easy to get done with a new baby around but I took advantage of his mammoth sleeping sessions and voila!
For those of you who don't know what a shadow box it (and can't guess by the picture) it is a deep photo frame you can put things in, instead of just pictures.
The frame is about 1inch deep so most things fit nicely in there!
Its a lovely alternative to keeping all these little treasures in a box where they'll only be taken out once in a blue moon. This way they can be seen all the time!!!
What you put in it is completely up to you, i put his first vest and mitts, bits from NICU - heart monitor wire, splint, plaster and info card, both our hospital bands, his footprint, 12 week scan, 4D scan and 1st photo, and a little map of our street to show where he was born.

You can put as much or as little in them depending on what you have.
This was one I made for a friend so I didn't have as much stuff but I think it still looks nice although minimalistic.
I got these from a local craft store for £9.99 each after almost paying a ridiculous amount online so have a good look around. These are lovely gifts for new mamas or you could make them for birthdays, weddings, memorials or other special occasions. The possibilities are endless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment